Here I have glazed the flower with Quinicridone Magenta, being sure to keep a lot of the whites. This wash was applied with a very weak stain. I didn’t want to make the flower darker, I just wanted to warm up the tones so they weren’t so orange, but rather more pink.
Various washes of Burnt Sienna and VanDyke Brown were used over the blue areas in dark background. I tried to use them in dark and light applications, with lots of water, to keep the edges soft.
I also applied more French Ultramarine Blue, Sap Green and Hooker’s Green in details of leaves to increase the texture of some, and to catch others up in detail.