The leaves: I used Permanent Sap Green and Hooker’s Green to develop some of the initial glazes in the leaves. By using varying strengths of color and different colors I have created a variety of underglazes for building the next layers of color.
The variations help to provide luminosity and keep the piece from becoming stagnant, and boring. The different colors of cool and warm greens also help to pull some leaves visually forward and others draw back.
I added a glaze of Permanent Rose to the flower head, preserving a few white areas here and there. I added some Winsor Red to the pollen on the flower.